STEP 1: ROAST VEGGIE MIX
50grams red onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper
Feta cheese (this will be added at assembly)
- Roughly dice vegetables into 2cm squares (leaving out the feta cheese)
- Toss with olive oil, add garlic and salt and pepper to taste
- Cook in oven at 200°C until roasted through and softened
- Allow to cool
STEP 2: QUICHE MIX
170ml fresh milk
170ml fresh cream
170ml fresh egg (break eggs together with a fork before adding to mix)
Pinch salt and white pepper
- Stir the milk, cream, eggs and seasoning together in a pouring jug
STEP 3: ASSEMBLY
- Gently line a pre-greased tin with 2.5-3mm thick homemade pasty (do not overwork the dough to avoid shrinkage). Trim the edges neatly with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle the pre-roasted vegetables in the quiche tin to cover the base nicely. You may not use all the veggies depending on the size of your tin.
- Sprinkle broken feta cheese on the vegetables.
- Tip in the quiche mix to completely fill the pan.
- Bake at 180°C for roughly 50 minutes (depending on quiche tin size).
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Delicious. Enjoy!